Wednesday, September 26, 2007

US VS KOREA

When I came here, first I was really suprised about the environment. Because there are a lot of trees, corn, and beautiful landscapes, at first I thought that I was in the one of the movie scene.

Surely all America nature is not same as Iowa.Therefore from now on I want to compare to Korea and Iowa about culture and natural environment.

In Korea, in fact there are no areas where the natural animal can live. I think because our country is so small, so Korea needs a place for building, farm, and factory. So sometimes natural mountains turn to ground~!! What amazing technology we have~!!haha......

In addition Korea has a culture that we should be polite to older people. Because of that reason, we also have special polite words for younger people. However in America, they don't care about age. All of them can be friends. I was really suprised about this at first. But it is good for relationships and communication. We don't need to care about words; they just say to older people what they always say. It's really comfortable.

Also America preserves the environment very well. Iowa does too. When I saw the deer, I was knocked out. That is impossible in Korea. Anyway, it can be really good experiences for me about two different cultures.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Yes~ In the US there are many natural places just like images that we saw on the movie. Maybe your whole cells have been enjoying this life. right? ^^*

Ambrosio said...

I think that if we try to know other cultures, we will be able of understand us better.... For me it is exciting to share with you and all your cultures.... sorry if i make many questions!!!

Rebecca K said...

Have you seen the old Kevin Kostner movie, "Field of Dreams"? I love the line in English, which says, "Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa." :) We have a lot of nature in Iowa. However, I have to disagree with you about the deer--I don't like them because they eat all my landscaping at my house and I don't like it! ;)